Cowichan Field Hockey offers excellent recreational and high performance hockey playing opportunities for men, women, girls and boys ages 6 and up.
Field Hockey is a game of skill speed and fun. The positions are similar to soccer, the skills are simlar to hockey with a couple of twists.
NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
It’s registration time again for ladies league for the 2014/2015 season. All forms for outdoor players must be submitted no later than August 15, 2014. Indoor forms – TBA.
Membership choices are as follows:
- Outdoor $185 (ages 13+ in the playing season)
- Indoor $150 (ages 13+)
- Outdoor/Indoor $295
- Outdoor Pool $30 + $10 per game (13+ in the playing season)
- Outdoor Practices no games $25: for players wanting practice time only, no games, for ages 13+, male & female players (Note: 12 year olds can request practice attendance to club president, must meet executive committee approval)
- Goalie Outdoor and/or Indoor $50
- Associate $20
- Any player interested in playing in Divisions 1 or 2 must attend selections on either Tuesday, August 26th or Thursday, August 28th, 2014.
- Division 3 players are encouraged to attend these sessions but there are no selections to play on a Division 3 team, as these teams are more recreational.
CFHA Registration Form (Word & Adobe) and membership information (page 2 of reg. form)
Registration Word download
Registration Adobe download (pdf)
Club Philosophy download
- Parent Volunteers are always welcome – if you are interested in volunteering for a few smaller committees throughout the year, please send me an email. We are always looking for some extra help for tournaments or fundraising.
- Electoral Area – new to the registration form this year – all outdoor players are required to provide their electoral area for membership in the Cowichan Sportsplex.
- E-Transfer / E-mail – New method of payment and registration submission. You now have the option to e-transfer your payment and e-mail your signed registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose this payment method, remember to bring your deposit cheque to your Team Captain on the first game day so that you can receive your team jersey/skort. Please use password CFHA2014
- You may also use regular postal mail and mail your registration form and cheques to our CFHA post office box noted on page 2 of the registration form.
Summer drop-in / $5 per session
Must be age 13+
Bring a friend , parents, grandparents, siblings – no experience necessary Must wear shin guards, mouth guard and bring your own stick.
Required: FHBC insurance; 2 “taster” sessions permitted without FHBC insurance; after 2 sessions FHBC insurance will be required
When: Wednesdays 7-8:30pm
Where: John Ferreira Field
June 18, 25, July 2, 9, 23 , 30, August 6, 13, 20, 2014
Ladies League Outdoor Practice Schedule – mark your calendars
August 26, 28, September 2, 4, 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 25, 30, October 2, 7, 9, 14, 16, 21, 23, 28, 30, 2014
November 4, 11*, 18, 25, December 2, 9, 2014 (*TBA), 2014
January 6, 13, 20, 27, February 3, 10, 17, 24, March 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, 2015
CFHA Annual General Meeting Monday, September 15, 2014, 7:00pm, Island Savings Centre, Room TBA – please attend – a free membership will be given away, player/member must be in attendance. All members are eligible to vote on the yearly budget and executive elections. The Award of Excellence is presented to a long standing field hockey contributor.
Fundraising – we have Thrifty Foods smile cards available for club fundraising. Every year we can raise up to approximately $1,500 by simply using these cards each time we shop at Thrifty’s. This helps the club to purchase equipment and uniforms. Please contact Sue Fraser at email@example.com for a smile card.
Junior Clothing Order Form
Many thanks to Tracy Bernatchez for taking this on! Please find attached the clothing order form. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Tracy. click here to download.